What you will be doing
- Collaborate with product, development, analytics, and other departments to design, procure, and manage infrastructure needed for project initiatives.
- Perform administration duties for all of Evite's in-house and cloud-hosted infrastructure including customer facing and backoffice systems.
- Build and manage environments used for development, QA, staging, and production
- System administration of Linux, Windows, and Mac operating systems
- Implement and enforce operational practices and procedures including security and user management
- Monitor and troubleshoot system stability and performance issues
- Identify, evaluate, deploy, and troubleshoot open source tools and technologies
- Update system with latest software upgrades and patches
- 4 - 6 years experience in Linux system administration within an agile environment supporting software development and DevOps processes.
- Strong experience in cloud administration is a must (Amazon, Google, as well as multiple backoffice SaaS solutions)
- Proficient scripting skills in languages such as Bash or Python
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with configuring and managing system monitoring solutions
- Experience in 24x7 production operations supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider.
- Experience with source code control systems (GitHub is a plus)
- Interest in a fast pace, high growth, startup environment
- Self-starter that requires minimal supervision and can provide oversight for any assigned projects
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with operating systems administration (Unix, Windows, OSX).
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Open vacation policy
- Stocked kitchen
With over 32 million registered users, Evite (www.evite.com) is the leading digital invitation and social event planning brand. Evite's free, easy-to-use invitation designs kick off six million parties and gatherings every year. With 20,000 invitations sent every hour, and party-planning tools that handle hundreds of millions of RSVPs annually, Evite is responsible for more celebrations than any other online brand. Launched in 1998, Evite is headquartered in Los Angeles and is a wholly-owned operating business of Liberty Interactive Corporation (NASDAQ: LVNTA).